Saturday, July 22, 2006

I hate limit poker

Well I dont think that I hate it really, I just need to learn how to play limit poker a bit better especially hi/lo because I've mainy focused on NL. Well I went to E's for his 3/6 limit 7 card stud and omaha H/L game. I really dont know how to play stud at all and throw in the H/L and I'm just confused and as for my Omaha H/L skills they need some working on to but I have a better grasp on that game. Well I was doing pretty good up about $100 for the night then I'm in a Omaha H/L pot and I flop a straight with a flush draw showing which I had no part of anyway the turn comes no help for the flush it gets bet I raise and then cap trying to chase out the flush but I guess that wasn't happening river comes Q which completly conterfitted my straight because Keenan had AK of spades which is what I thought he had and I only had a Q high straight so I just call the bet on the river and his donkey ass doesnt even realize what he had because he asks me if I have AK, now I don't know if he really didn't know or he was just fucking with me but I'm inclined to believe he realy didn't know.

Well after that hand my game just went down the drain stuck $275 thats the worst I have done in weeks but I guess it can be expected playing a new game and playing a game I know almost nothing about but I'm still a little disappointed in myself and I really got to shake it off and take it in stride which I will because I have a big NL tourney this afternoon and all the donkeys are coming out of the woodwork to play it so I have to play some of the best poker I have ever played if I want to win this mofo and I have been playing really good tourney poker here lately so lets see if I can keep it up.

2 comments:

  1. Sir...You raised the river after I bet it out. And I knew I had a straight w/ K9, but forgot I also had AK for the nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sir, I raised the turn, I just called on the river because I knew the Q counterfited me .....DOH

    ReplyDelete