Monday, September 08, 2008

The Playground

Why the playground? Cause I feel like I'm on a frickin' see saw thats why. I'm still in AC and I'm not broke so I guess thats a positive, wait let me rephrase that, I know thats a positive. I took Saturday off, well from poker anyway. Played a lil blackjack did ok, it helps when you are at a table that knows what they are doing too. Hung out with Tracie for the day on Saturday and Sunday morning since she came up for the weekend. Then Sunday afternoon I decided to hit the tables again and get back to the grind.

Started with a $100+20 SnG that the Borgata Open is running. I did well ended up chopping with a guy since we were about even in chips. Decided to play another one and played two hands badly and paid the price. Then decided to go play 2/5 NL where I played about 2 hands and shipped $700, both times flopped 2 pair against a set and shipped it both times. After that I was done with cash games so I headed over to the $25 Blackjack table and went on a nice lil run back up and made a couple hundo back. So headed back upstairs to play another SnG.

This time I decided to play a $250+30 where I met some very nice ladies that are regulars on the WPT circuit one of them being Nancy Todd Tyner who some of you may have just seen on the televised WPT champioship playing the not so nice Vanessa Selbst heads up and Nancy ended up winning. I did well in the SnG I picked up KK in LP on the button when UTG moved all in Nancy moved all in and I called which put me all in . The guy that moved all in had 44 Nancy had AQ and spiked an A on the flop, I got lucky for once and spiked a K on the river and tripled up. Ended up going down to 3 people left after Nancy got knocked out when she moved all in with a decent hand K9s I think, she got called by the donk on the BB who could of folded but wanted to be a hero with K8 off and spiked three 8's. We played another round and and it was down to the donk, another wonderful lady named Jennifer, and myself and we decided to do a 3 way chop for $800. So I ended up breaking about even on the night.

Let me just tell you Nancy, Jennifer and the other lady were some of the nicest people I have played with in a long time. We had a few laughs about Nancy's little spat with Vannesa Selbst, anyone who saw the televised show will know what I'm talking about. She also gave us a few laughs about some things that happened behind the scenes that no one gets to see on TV. And Nancy even bought me a beer and sat around and BS'd with us after she busted out. What great bunch of ladies and great poker players too, I really hope I have the pleasure of playing with them again.

Well anyway its been a lot of ups and downs for me but thats fine with me because I really think I am playing some decent poker. I have gotten myself into tournament mode so I think thats what I am going to stick with for the rest of the trip. Might play some 1/2 NL and a lil more Blackjack in my spare time if I feel up to it. I'll try to keep everyone posted on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your name in lights on Pauly's blog. How many thousands did you have to drop for that advertising endeavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just a nice guy

    ReplyDelete