Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shove and Pray

Its seems to be a commonly practiced form of poker these days. In alot of these smaller buy in tourneys in AC its what ya gotta do if your short stacked and sometimes if your not, cause the blinds go up so damned fast. Saw it mentioned on Mike Matusows mouthpiece show on cardplayer TV. Which brings me to a scenario at a tournament I play on every other Sat in our local circuit. On two occasions the big stack, who had roughly 7K, at the table moves all in when the blinds are 50/100 cause the short stack, who had 150, went all in. Its such a retarded move that early in the tourney especially if you have a mediocre hand, guy says he wanted to isolate....... You want to isolate with QJ and J6 off, once he chopped with the all in and the other time he doubled up the all in. I dunno that early in a tourney against a short stack I prefer to let a few people in unless I have a really nice hand then I isolate but I surely don't shove. You want the short stack to get knocked out not double through you, why chase people out when you only have a mediocre hand. If your short stacked its one thing, I dunno its just one of my pet peeves when people try to justify their bad play with their crazy explanations of non sense.

Back to Cardplayer TV, pretty good stuff on here if you haven't seen it yet check it out. Nothing real educational but definitely entertaining. Plus lots of updates on the live tourneys going on around world EPT, WPT, WSOP, etc.

Another site I ran across was siktilt.com, there is the Daniel Negranu interview on there where DN tries to act all angry and throws the guy in the pool. You can tell its staged plus has anyone ever seen DN get angry before? I don't think he could, El shipo thinks he's gay....LOL I beg to differ I think he's just a mommas boy although watching him in that video he did look kinda gay especially on the walk away..... I was waiting for two snaps in a "Z" formation hahaha.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:39 PM

    I definitely think Daniel is gay... though he's one of my favorite players, I definitely think he likes the cock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said Daniel was gay since the first time I remember seeing him on a WPT final table. That wife of his is just an old friend who is his beard.

    Remember this is the guy who broke up with Evelyn Ng. Lemme repeat that: HE broke up with HER

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say, he is far from gay if he was smashing Evelyn Ng...So what he ditched her..she was probably a basket case, all sexy broads are crazy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i agree. i have thought DN was gay forever. hey for some reason i didn't have your blog in my feed reader. i guess because e never pimps it on his site. LOL anyways, situation remedied now. :)

    ReplyDelete