Thursday, April 24, 2008

The kiddie game is down the street sir......

Decided to venture out to a local 2/5 game last night, not too bad but more like a 1/2 game on steroids. Average buy in was about 250 couple of 300's couple of 200's and a couple of min buys. Action was fairly decent, I ran my original buy in of 300 up to a lil over 600 and then got into one hand with SBJ that I had no business being in and ended up giving him about 150 for no reason. I know he can't fold top pair so I should of just folded on the flop. Then got down to about my original buy in of 300 and ran top two into a rivered straight against Mr. overbet. Which will set up my next story quite nice.

I rebuy $200 and mount my comeback win few hands uncontested then pick up K10 on the button flop comes out 10 2 4 MP bets I raise he calls. turn 7 Non flushy board MP leads out $75 I'm all in for $150 more he insta calls and another 4 falls off on the river. He didn't like that 4, Sorry sir your great hand which was 10 2 is no good and I scoop about a 600ish pot. Now on to Mr.Overbet, I laid a few hands down to Mr. Overbet early on untill I figured out his style. His style = Top pair is the uber nutz and I check raise, when I'm drawing I call call call. So I'm UTG+1 Mr.overbet is UTG and puts out a $10 straddle and is sitting on about $1300 I look down at a decent hand and make it $25 to go 3 callers including Mr.Overbet. Flop comes J 7 4 two clubs checked to me I bet $50 into $100 pot two callers including Mr.overbet. Turn brings a red 9

*Edit I really need to start proof reading a lil better I originally posted the turn was a red 7 it was not. It was 9d to be precise*

check to me again Pot is about $250 And I pick up what I thought was 6 green chips and throw um in, whoops only 5 greens so its $125 to go and I have about $450 behind, fold around to Mr. Overbet. He then goes in the tank for about 5 mins and I was about to call time on him when He says raise and instantly says all in.... Huh I say I know there is no way you have 10 8 I call. River brings a 3 of clubs, made me throw up a lil and I say did you get there and he tables QJ I say no good and Table my monster that is one pair 'o Jacks Ace Kicker and scoop a nice 1300 ish pot. Mr. Overbet says how do you make that call.....nice call, TY Sir. SBJ looks at me like he saw a ghost and says Ricky Bobby you are sick sir.

About an hour later I cash out a lil over a dime and go home early. Had a nice 2K swing in two days so I decided it was time to go home and get some well needed rest for once. Me and the fish who is E might head up to AC this weekend to play in the Borgata Satellite to the 500K guaranteed. If anyone else is heading up let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment