Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1st Quarter

Well i have been keeping track of all my poker this year, cash and tourneys, it was kinda of a new years resolution of mine. The year started off quite ugly being down about 2K within the first two two months. For a solid month about 8 sessions i didn't log a single win, took a few weeks off and a trip to ATLARGE in AC and I got back in the black, up a couple of hundo. Over the past few weeks I have been slipping back into the red though, simply because my head hasn't been in the game. I have a lot of other stuff going and have been a little bit stressed over the past few weeks and its really taking a toll on me. That's on the cash side.

On the Tournament side of things I have been doing fairly well. I started out the with a few loses but in the past two months logged about 3 cashes in tournaments and have managed to keep my tourney stats well in the black. One of my more notable cashes was in the ATLARGE TOC-Style (Stud, Omaha8, Hold'em) mixed tournament. I was the chip leader with about 12 people left and everyone wanted to chop so I didn't want the poker gods to unleash the wrath of bad karma on me for saying no to a chop. So I chopped it 12 ways and then they played for a little plaque, yippe I went out in 7th I think.Needles to say I didn't really care about the plaque/trophy thingy. Had a few other cashes in some smaller less notable tourneys at Harrahs, lets hope i can keep it up. I am hoping to get back up to the Borgata and play in the 20K guaranteed on Wednesdays and the 75K guaranteed on Fridays. They are pretty nice tourneys with good structures and modest buy in.

I'm just hoping to get back up to AC in general, I was really hoping to get back up there at least once every two weeks over the past month but things have been so hectic for me I have been unable to get back up there since my last trip about 3 weeks ago and I really need to get a car. My main form of transportation is my 1998 Dodge Ram and its not real good with gas, its rear axle is also on its last leg, and its not real comfy on long road trips. So when i do go to AC i usually rent a car but that has gotten a little pricey due to the time of year. Hopefully things will get back to normal here for me over the next month or so and I can get back up there. If you are heading up let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment