Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Trippin'

Headed over to the SHOP on Saturday evening for some 1/2 NL, get there and Pops says something to me about heading to AC on Sunday for the day, which sounded like a plan. Ended up leaving the 1/2 game about midnight'ish up a few stacks of red chips. Told Pops to hit me in AM if he wanted to roll up to AC.

Pops shoots me a text about 3am while I am surfing the intrawebs, I can't sleep due to being at the pink game until daylight broke and so did the game, so my body is on sleep during the day mode. Pops text said something about leaving at about 8:45am so I decided to try get some shuteye. That didn't work out to well I just couldn't get to sleep something about going to AC makes me not tired. I don't know if its the thrill of gambling, the degeneracy in me, or the cheap hookers that gets me excited about going there.

So I unsuccessfully tried to get some sleep, got up hopped in the shower and was on my way. Get to Pops house hop in his fancy new ride, a Pontiac G6 and we are on our way. Get to AC about 12:ooish and register for PT Seats 50K guarantee which was a 300+40 event.

I didn't to so well was out after about the 5th round. I was short stacked with about 7K in chips after getting donkey punched by the monster which was A4 off suit. I move all in for my last 7K after UTG makes a min raise to 1000, button thinks for a minute and calls and our original raiser JUST calls. Flop 10JJ they both check, turn A, original raiser checks, button moves all in, original raiser calls and tables KK the guy on the button obviously had AK and flips it up. I have QQ and am drawing dead on the turn and I'm out.

I go blow off some steam at the slots and pick up an extra $100 bones, I love those one armed bandits its prolly cause we have so much in common. haha! Then I go get on the list for some good ol' 1/2 NL at the Taj, after about 15 mins I get myself a seat and run 200 up to 300 before I immediately ship it on a OESD to the very loose, and I stress the word very, Asian guy who just sat down. I reload for $200 more and then this hand comes up with the farmer and the guy who obviously watches poker on TV for a living.

I raise from UTG+2 to $12 Farmer calls and the professional poker on TV watcher calls on the button (we'll call him PTV) as does one other, 4 to the flop plus bb and sb = $51 in the middle. Flop comes off 10cJc4h and it checks to me I lead out $45 Farmer says I'm gonna have to go all in here and throws in $57, PTV says raise and makes it $120 including my $45 and has just shy of $150 behind him. So its $75 back to me and I go all in having PTV covered. He goes in the tank and I ask him if he's on a flush draw and I get no response, he thinks a lil while longer and calls. Turn brings a yucky 4c and river is the 17 of purple horseshoes. I say to PTV you hit your flush just as the farmer tables KJ off suit and PTV shakes his head and tables his KK, I table my AA and scoop a healthy pot. I'm not gonna get into how badly PTV played KK from the button cause I'm not trying to get the floor wet.

Played a few hands after that, none that really stick out 'cept one that I played kinda bad. I flopped a straight with a redraw to the uber nutz, when the flop came out 6h9d10d and I check. Guy to my left bet $20 one caller I just call, I shoulda woulda coulda raised but opted to get cute. turn is the 7h, board is 6h9d10d7h, guy on left leads out fifty other guy folds and I raise $75 on top and he re-raises what I thought was an all in but he had a black chip and a couple red birdies behind his arm that I couldn't see. Turned out to be a $125 raise which I just called woops, either way I'm free rollin' now cause I'm fairly sure we are choppin' at this point. Turn is the Qc and I move all in, this guy actually has to think about it, he's got less then $150 left and has well over $275 invested in a $600 pot. Board reads 6h9d10d7hQc and he finally calls tables 10 8 off suit and table my 7d8d for the chop.....Boooo!

Looking back I think if I put in a hefty c-raise on the flop 1 of 2 things happen, either I win the pot right there or guy on my left calls and other guy puts more money in the pot chasing his flush draw or whatever it was he was doing. I didn't I got cute and settled for the chop as punishment could have been much worse so I'll take it.

A little while later Pops shoots me a text about grabbing some food says he will be over in a few, sounds good to me. He pulls himself from the BJ pit and comes and grabs me, I rack up while I'm ahead and head to the cashier.

After we grabbed a bite to eat Pops and I headed down to the BJ pit so he could "win" back his losses from the tourney. I watch for a while and this table is on fire so I couldn't resist myself, or Pops's encouragement, and I take a seat. Pops says I put on a clinic for the first half hour or so but we were both running real good against the dealer. I play for another hour or so get up a lil under a meat ball and cash out. Pops is the one that put on the clinic, some how or another he managed to run it up to over 4 meat balls 2 or 3 times, ship it almost all back 2 or 3 times and still managed to run it back up to 5 meat balls and cash out. What a luck box!

After a long day I'm beat and up a couple bucks and Pops is up a couple bucks so we call it a night and head home. Kudos to the folx at EZ-Pass they are some bright ones by the way, I had a problem with my ez-pass and couldn't get through to them on the phone and their website was having technical problems. Nice work you guys wait to till the busiest weekend of the year to figure out your website is a piece of garbage and leave me having a worthless piece of plastic that says ez-pass on it. Thanks for adding an extra 1.5 hrs to my trip I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:45 AM

    Nice hit sir, I like the blog. You must have went to the Travis School of Writing because its very similar, but enjoyed reading it, considering I was in most of it. Luck box my nuts, I worked for that loot homie.

    ReplyDelete